Thursday, August 8, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I've been old enough to say goodbye once before, but this time I feel that something's different. Every goodbye is the start of a new beginning. My new beginning will consist of a new home. A place to hang my hat and make new memories. I have mixed feeling about the move. I moved twice before, but the first time was at age 2 and the second at age 14. I was able to comprehend what moving was all about and although I was only moving three miles down the road I was thrilled to be in a new house! This time I'm 20 and I don't know what to feel. I feel like this home made a lot of memories for me. Some good. Some bad. My dog, Dakota, passed away in this house, but yet I met my fiancé while living in this house. It's all just so confusing. I don't have to worry about having to change schools or anything since I'm in college and I'm only moving 15 minutes away. It seems all hunky dory but I just don't know what I'm feeling at this moment. The realtor is about to show up at my house, literally she will be here in 4 minutes. The house will be listed and sold as soon as possible. Maybe that's why I am feeling this way. Maybe it's because I haven't had too much time to get used to the idea? Don't get me wrong i am excited to live in a new home, but I think I just need more time for it to sink in that I will not be coming back to this house that I live in now. Time heals all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment